Information may be collected
When providing services to you, we may collect, store and use the following information about you. If you do not provide relevant information, you may not be able to register as our user or enjoy some of the services we provide, or you may not be able to achieve the desired effect of the relevant services.
Personal information about you, such as phone number, email or bank card number, etc., provided to us when you sign up or use our services;
The shared information you provide to others through our services and the information you store when using our services.
Information shared by other parties
Information about you provided by other parties when using our services.
Information we obtain
When you use services, we may collect your information as follows:
Log Information, which refers to the technical information that our system may automatically collect through cookies, web beacons or other technologies when you use our services, including: device or software information, such as the configuration information provided by your mobile device, web browser or other programs used to access our services, your IP address, the version of your mobile device and the ID used by your mobile device;
The information that you search for or view when using our services. For example, the web search terms you use, the url address of the social media page you visit, and other information and content details you browse or the information requested to provide when using our services; Information about and of the mobile applications (APP) and other softwares you have used;
Information about your communication through our services, such as the account number you have communicated with, as well as the communication time, data and duration;
Location information, which refers to the information about your location collected when you turn on the device location feature and use the relevant services we provide based on location, including:
• Your geolocation information collected through GPS or WiFi when you use our services by using a mobile device with location feature;
• Real-time information provided by you or other users containing your geographical location, such as the information of your region contained in your account information you have provided, the shared information uploaded by you or others showing your current or previous geographical location, and the geo-tagging information contained in the photos shared by you or others;
You can stop the collection of your geographic location information by turning off the location feature.
Purposes of using the information
The information collected in the course of providing services to you may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing services to you;
- Verifying your identity, providing you customer services, helping with security precaution and fraud detection, making archive and backup when we provide services, so as to ensure the security of the products and services we provide to you;
- Helping us design new services and improve our existing services; helping us better understand how you access and use our services so that we can respond to your personal demand, such as language settings, location settings, personalized help services and instructions, or make other responses to you and other users;
- Providing you with advertisements that are more relevant to you to replace the general advertisements; Evaluating and improving the effect of advertisements and other promotional activities in our services; making software certification or managing software upgrade; Inviting you to participate in the survey about our products and services.
In order to give you a better experience, improve our services or other uses you agree, on the premise of complying with relevant laws and regulations, we may apply the information collected through one of our services for other services in a way of information aggregation or personalized approach. For example, the information collected when you use one of our services may be used in another service to provide you with specific content, or to show you information that is relevant to you and not generally pushed. If we provide corresponding options in relevant services, you can also authorize us to apply the information provided and stored in this service to our other services.
Ways to access and control your personal information
We will do everything possible to take appropriate technical means to ensure that you can access, update and correct your registered information or other personal information provided when using our services. In addition, when accessing, updating, correcting and deleting the foregoing information, we may require you to authenticate in order to safeguard your account.
Information may be shared
Except in the following cases, we and our affiliates will not share your personal information with any third party without your consent.
We and our affiliates may share your personal information with our affiliates, partners and third-party service providers, contractors and agents (such as communication service providers who send email or push notifications on our behalf, mapping service providers who provide us with location data), who may not be located in your jurisdiction, for the following purposes:
- Providing you with our services;
- Realizing the goal described in “How We may use the information”;
- Understanding, maintaining and improving our services.
With the continuous development of our business, we and our affiliates may conduct mergers, acquisitions, asset transfers or similar transactions, and your personal information may be transferred as a part of such transactions. If so, we will inform you before the transfer.
We, or our affiliates, may also retain, keep or disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- Complying with applicable laws and regulations;
- Complying with court orders or other legal provisions;
- Complying with the requirements of relevant government agencies.
Reasonable and necessary uses to comply with applicable laws and regulations, safeguard social and public interests, or protect the personal and property safety or legitimate rights and interests of our customers, us, or our group companies, other users or employees.
We use various security technologies and procedures to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure of information. For example, in some services, we will apply encryption technology (such as SSL) to protect the personal information you provide. However, please understand that it is impossible to always guarantee 100% security of information in the Internet industry due to technical limitations and the possible malicious means even if we do our best to strengthen security measures. Therefore, you shall be aware that the systems and communication networks you use to access our services may have problems due to factors beyond our control.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share your information publicly not only with your own social network, but also with all users using the service. For example, the information you upload or publish in our services (including your public personal information and the list you set up), your response to the information uploaded or published by others, as well as the location data and log information related to the information. Other users using our services may also share the information about you (including location data and log information). Particularly, our social media services are designed to enable you to share information with users around the world, which allows you to spread the shared information in real time and widely. In addition, the relevant information will remain in the public domain as long as you do not delete the shared information; Even if you delete the shared information, the relevant information may still be independently cached, duplicated or stored by other users or unaffiliated third parties beyond our control, or saved in the public domain by other users or such third parties.
Therefore, please consider carefully the information uploaded, published and exchanged through our services. In some cases, you can control the range of users who are entitled to view your shared information through the privacy settings of some services. If you need to delete the relevant information about you from our services, please operate in the way provided by the special terms of services.
Sensitive personal information you share
Some personal information may be considered sensitive due to its particularity, such as your race, religion, individual health and medical information. Compared with other personal information, sensitive personal information is more strictly protected.
Please note that the content and information you provide, upload or publish when using our services (such as photos of your social activities) may disclose your sensitive personal information. Therefore, you need to consider carefully whether to disclose your sensitive personal information when using our services.
Ways and purposes of collecting the information
We, or our third-party partners, may collect and use your information through cookies and web beacon, and store it as the log information.
The reason we use our own cookies and web beacon is to provide you with a more personalized user experience and services, and to apply to the following purposes:
- Remembering your identity. For example, cookies and web beacon help us recognize your identity as our registered user, or save your preferences or other information that you provide to us;
- Optimizing the advertisements. Cookies and web beacon help us provide you with advertisements related to you according to your information rather than provide you with general advertisements.
You can refuse or manage cookies or web beacon through browser settings. However, please note that if cookies or web beacon are deactivated, you may not be able to enjoy the best service experience, and use some services normally. Meanwhile, you can still receive the same number of advertisements, but these advertisements are less relevant to you.
Messages and information we may send to you
Email and information push
When you use our services, we may use your information to send email, news or push notifications to your device. If you do not want to receive this information, you can choose the “unsubscribe” on your device following our tips.
We may issue service-related announcements to you when necessary (e.g., when a service is suspended due to system maintenance). You may not be able to cancel these service-related announcements that are not promotional in nature.
- Information collected by third party services (including any third party website) accessed through our services;
- Information collected through other companies or institutions that perform advertising services in our services.